• Starts Jul 9, 11:00PM
Insight Placement Black Heritage Talent - Audit Insight Cardiff TBC 2023
🎉 Insight Days
Register before Jul 9
Date and time
Jul 9, 11:00PM - Jul 10, 11:00PM
Careers & Employability
- Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Put simply, audit is about examining organisations and ensuring their published accounts provide a ‘true and fair’ view of their financial position and results. The work we do makes a meaningful difference to businesses and communities. It is critical to the everyday working of society, helps build trust in the economy and supports companies as they grow.
- This programme is aimed primarily at students of Black heritage seeking an insight into a career in Audit. By Black heritage, we mean students who might identify as Black, African, Caribbean, Black British or Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups: White and Black Caribbean, White and Black African. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about our business and develop your professional skills.
- During your Insight experience, you’ll have the chance to meet inspirational people from our diverse Audit teams and explore our variety of career opportunities available. Over two days you'll network with our colleagues, learn more about what we do and the meaningful difference we make to businesses and the communities we serve.
- This programme is open to students who are in their final year of university, as well as those who have graduated already. Whilst on the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to take an assessment, and if successful, you could secure a position on one of our 2023 Audit graduate programmes.
Training and Development:
- As the insight programme is not that long, the focus for you will be to ensure every second counts. It's an opportunity to learn new skills, enhance your CV, learn about the world of work and, importantly, get your foot in the door of one of the leading professional services firms. And if you're inspired by the time you spend with us here and go on to join us full-time once you’ve graduated, you’ll get access to exemplary training and development to help you thrive.
- At KPMG, everyone brings a unique perspective, and we want to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We’ve designed our application process to assess everyone’s potential in the context of their educational and personal circumstances to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- You’ll generally be expected to demonstrate the following (*or equivalents). However, if you do not meet all the below, and are a few grades or points short, then we would still encourage you to apply, as you will be given the option to provide additional information that enables us to assess your application and potential in the context of your socio-economic background and/or any extenuating circumstances.
- Grade 5 or B GCSE* Maths
- Grade 5 or B GCSE* English Language
- 120 UCAS points* from your ‘top’ 3 grades, excluding General Studies under the 2017 tariff point system at A Level (300 UCAS points pre-2017)
- 2:1 (or on track to achieve a 2:1) degree in any discipline.
- Our Audit Black Heritage Talent Insight Programmes are open to students who are due to graduate in 2023, as well as those who have graduated already. Those in their final year of university (or those who have graduated already) who join the programme and pass our Virtual Launch Pad assessment day will be made a Graduate offer to commence in Autumn 2023.
- This is a 2-day paid Insight programme and will be run in 2023 on 10th – 11th July inclusive. You will be paid a salary equivalent to the living wage salary.
- If you are successful in passing the final stage of our process, the Delivering Outcomes Assessment, we may reach out to you to discuss graduate programme preferences. Your preference will be considered, however, cannot be guaranteed.