• Starts Aug 22, 11:00PM
Women in Engineering Insight Experience (for applicants not entering final year) 2024
Date and time
Aug 22, 11:00PM - Aug 23, 11:00PM
Careers & Employability
Women in Engineering
Immerse yourself in our virtual 2 day Women in Engineering Insight Experience where you will find out what a career in engineering is really like. You will hear from a range of inspiring BAE Systems women who will share their career journeys with you and how their work is making a real difference. They will explain how you too can make an impact within BAE Systems. You will also benefit from interactive skills development sessions that have been designed to support female undergraduate engineers seeking to enter the workplace. Our Women in Engineering Insight Experience is aimed primarily at women.
To apply, you must be currently studying an engineering degree, be on course to achieve a minimum of a 2:2 and not entering your final year of studies. If you are due to graduate in 2024, we would still love you to join us, but please apply for our other Insight Experience here.
The 2 days will run 23/24 August 2023 9.00–17.00 UTC and will include various interactive presentations, Q&A’s, skills sessions and activities to get you familiarised with life at BAE Systems.
- Overview of the Insight experience and BAE Systems
- Group based engineering challenge
- An introduction to graduate and undergraduate engineering career pathways at BAE Systems
- Importance of Diversity & Inclusion to BAE Systems
- Interactive Sustainability discussion and task based activity
- An interactive ‘How to highlight your strengths’ skills session
- Inspirational talks from female engineers at a range of career points
- How to overcome and combat ‘Imposter Syndrome’
- Q&A and networking with current engineering graduates and undergraduates
- Interactive session on available graduate and undergraduate engineering opportunities at BAE Systems
Please note: This insight experience is a learning opportunity and is unpaid.