2023 UK Public Relations Intern
- Real Chemistry is looking for an Account Associate to join our growing team!
- We are currently seeking an Account Associate with an enthusiasm to learn and embrace a career in healthcare marketing communications. The position offers a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for healthcare to work with leading clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, and health IT fields.
- The media team is a hub of ambition, creativity and get stuff done energy. We're looking for the sort of person who sets up the group chat for their next get together with their friends, the sort of person who talks for hours on topics they're excited about and knows what's going on in the world. We're looking for confident communicators who love to learn about the people of the world and are excited about their own success, whilst celebrating the wins of their team. We'll teach you how to write, speak with media and the complex science of health. You just need to be the sort of person who is ready to bring their entire self to making the world a healthier place.
Area of Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for supporting the team on internal and external communications across all Real Chemistry accounts
- Strong capability in project management and interest in healthcare communications
- Strong client and account management relating to all communications materials
- Draft content for client materials e.g. press releases, infographics, fact sheets
- Incorporate client edits to documents and materials
- Support media monitoring needs for clients
- Develop and manage media lists for clients
- Conduct media outreach for clients
- Support research needs
- Liaise with third party vendors to support client needs e.g. printers
- Manage timelines and project trackers to ensure that the team is on track with deliverables and timelines
- Stay on top of relevant trends and flag to managers and clients as appropriate
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and interest in healthcare marketing (through academic studies or some work experience)
- Relevant degree in a science subject or communications/marketing
- Has good understanding of social media vehicles and is comfortable managing and drafting communications around them
- An interest in corporate accounts/the healthcare sector and a willingness to learn and grow both within the company and the industry
- Open minded and eager to learn – the more you put in, the more you get out!
- Highly organized with a mindfulness of deadlines, the ability to manage multiple tasks based on priorities and a strong attention to detail
- Independent thinker confident in taking ownership of assets and material development, but a team player who enjoys collaboration
- Professional presence, performs with a sense of urgency and with a client service orientation
- Has confidence to manage upward when required; able to communicate with managers when deadlines will not be met or when issues are foreseeable
- High energy, able to effectively operate in fast-paced, growing and evolving environment
- Strong written and oral communication and presentations skills
- Good management of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) – particularly PowerPoint