2024 - Business Improvement Placement (1 year)
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the 2024 Business Improvement Placement at Farrans Construction should be studying a relevant Business IT discipline, have proficiency in MS Office and using online project document management portals, possess a full UK driving license, be flexible with working hours and locations, have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and capable of working independently or as part of a team, and have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The candidate will assist with ongoing IT applications development, support change management processes, handle data capture and reporting, implement management tools, build relationships with end-users, provide customer support, develop training packs, archive project information, support intranet development, and document business process workflows.
- You will carry-out daily site duties and report into the senior site engineers. Working alongside experts in all areas of the business you will develop your knowledge and understanding of your assigned project. Through mentoring and coaching you will be given numerous opportunities and challenges which will help support you build a career in a fast paced and stimulating industry
- Travel is expected as part of this role to construction sites, company fixed locations and other project related needs.
- Studying for a third-level qualification in a relevant Business IT discipline (e.g., Business Information Systems, Business Information Technology)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite and using online project document management portals
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Flexible approach to working hours and locations
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- Assist with ongoing IT Applications development.
- Support the application of change management processes.
- Support data capture, processing and reporting to senior management.
- Support the implementation of standardised management tools & templates.
- Develop effective working relationships with employee end-users across various departments.
- Create a customer-focused environment for support of multiple IT Applications.
- Develop training packs for common issues highlighted by data analysis.
- Archive digital project information and records.
- Support development of the Company Intranet.
- Record & document business process workflows.
- Payment of an annual professional membership
- Contributory pensions plan up to 6%
- Health Shield (Medical & Dental Cover included)
- Access to discounts
- 24/7 counselling and support health line
- Annual Health & Well Being Events
- 30+ Annual leave days