2024 Corporate Affairs Industrial Placement Programme - London
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Penultimate year undergrad with at least a 2.1, proactive work ethic, strong writing and research skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, client-service focused, detail-oriented, self-starter, thrives in fast-paced environment.
- The candidate will assist with internal programs and events, conduct research, compile reports, monitor press, maintain a features calendar, and deliver strategic community affairs projects.
- The Corporate Affairs Industrial Placement Programme is for penultimate year students with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of their degree. The Programme begins in June 2024 and is for 12 months.
- Corporate Affairs has responsibility for building and maintaining the Firm’s reputation across EMEA. Specifically, the team facilitates Morgan Stanley's communications with media audiences and employees, and manages the Firm's core social responsibilities, which include volunteering and providing grants to charities.
- The Programme begins with a Firmwide induction with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering overviews of connecting divisions, product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness and technical training, as well as a team-building and networking activities. Industrial Placement students also receive on-the-job training, a series of Firmwide Senior Speaker events, mentoring and events with other interns.
- You are a penultimate year undergraduate student with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of your degree and are on track for at least a 2.1 honours or equivalent
- You have a keen interest in financial services with a proactive work ethic
- You have excellent writing and desk research skills
- You are proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- You are client-service oriented
- You are able to multi-task with close attention to detail
- You are a self-starter, and thrive in a fast paced environment
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- You can expect to gain exposure to some of the below during your programme:
- Assisting with the management of internal programmes, campaign and events
- Carrying out research tasks across agreed criteria set, such as community data and competitor intelligence
- Compiling metrics reports to track and assess the impact of programmes in the region
- Press monitoring for strategic themes or topics of interest for the Firm
- Maintaining a forward features calendar for Media Relations team
- Delivery of strategic Community Affairs projects, such as Global Volunteer Month and the Strategy Challenge
Nov 26, 2023