2024 Corporate & Investment Banking - Markets - Off-cycle Internship - London
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Apply by Nov 24
- The off-cycle internship is a 13 or 26 week program offered in select European locations, with intakes in each quarter of the year and is a pipeline to the full analyst programme for the next available intake once your internship has been completed successfully.
- To be eligible for an off cycle internship, you need to have graduated if you have read your degree in the UK, or experience must be part of your degree programme if studying in Europe.
- Dedicated instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, the scale and scope of our organisation today and our exciting plans for tomorrow. We’ll teach you technical and practical skills that will help suitably prepare you for your desk.
- The program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on experience, relevant skills training and valuable professional networking. Based on your personal and collaborative achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment for the analyst programme.
- As part of the application process, you will be asked to preference (where available) two of the four tracks within Markets (Trading, Structuring & Origination, Sales or Research). Make sure that you are familiar with the roles, responsibilities and skillsets required for each track to ensure suitability before submitting your two preferences. This process will also involve you providing details on all fluent languages, your graduation dates and availability. This is a pooled recruitment process whereby you will be considered for available roles that are to be recruited during your availability. Roles are recruited for quarterly with start dates in Q1 January, Q2 April, Q3 July and Q4 October. Assessment Centres would usually take place at least four months before any of the four quarterly start dates.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Throughout your time with us, you’ll support senior colleagues with key research, evaluation and preparatory work. You will monitor markets, develop trade ideas, conduct portfolio reviews, and learn about the solutions and products we offer for clients to manage any market conditions. Your work and contributions will be valuable to the team from the start.
- A strong interest in global financial markets, as well as investigative and quantitative skills, flexibility, attention to detail, and that you enjoy and thrive in a collaborative environment. A well-rounded academic background that includes details of extra-curricular positions is also of interest to us. We accept applications from all degree disciplines as we respect and admire diversity of thought. With regards to our trading and structuring tracks, it is useful to enjoy numerical and quantitative work.
Additional requirements include:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills for the country to which you are applying.
- Willing to take on some responsibility and manage your own projects in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Graduation date from June 2022 to December 2024
Beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.