2024 Finance Industrial Placement Programme - London
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Penultimate year undergrad with a year in industry, on track for 2.1 honours or equivalent. Desire to work in finance, strong communication skills. Enjoy quantitative tasks, proficient in Microsoft Office. Team player, client service orientated.
- The candidate will be responsible for calculating P&L, writing market commentaries, conducting process reviews, analyzing risk exposure, and preparing financial and management reports.
- As the firm’s financial watchdog, Finance crunches the numbers. But it does more than just keep an eye on the books. Team members meet regularly and build relationships with the firm’s industry and government regulators, provide information to the outside business community, and give the firm’s management and divisions the planning assistance and reliable financial information they can use to advance the firm’s goals.
- The Programme begins with a Firmwide induction day with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering overviews of connecting divisions, product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness and technical training, as well as a team-building and networking activities. Industrial Placement students also receive on-the-job training, a series of Firmwide Senior Speaker events, mentoring and events with other interns.
- You are a penultimate year undergraduate student with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of your degree and are on track for at least a 2.1 honours or equivalent
- You have a desire to work in Finance, particularly within the financial services industry
- You have written and verbal communication skills in English
- You enjoy quantitative tasks and analysis with close attention to detail
- You have the ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- You like working within team projects and are client service orientated
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- As an Industrial Placement Programme participant, your responsibilities may include:
- Calculating the daily profit and loss (P&L) tallies of traders
- Writing market commentaries for management reports
- Conducting re-engineering projects to review and enhance processes
- Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk
- Preparing monthly financial and management reports
Nov 26, 2023