2024 Finance Summer Analyst Program - Glasgow
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a penultimate-year undergraduate with exceptional academic achievements, strong communication skills, advanced technical and quantitative abilities, meticulous attention to detail, and a client-service mindset.
- The candidate will be responsible for calculating traders' P&L, writing market commentaries, conducting process reviews, analyzing risk exposure, and preparing financial and management reports.
- The Summer Analyst Programme is 13 weeks long and provides classroom and on-the-job training as well as valuable work experience. Recruits will be working alongside experienced colleagues on real projects and will gain exposure to all levels of professionals within the respective division. You will receive regular mentoring and coaching, as well as regular evaluation reviews to ensure your career is on track throughout your time with us and you continue to be developed along the way. Summer Analysts who excel may receive an offer to join the Full-Time Finance Analyst Training Program. The programme also offers the opportunity for automatic entry onto the Finance professional qualifications supported study programme. Students will be supported through the ACCA programme where they can become a qualified accountant in three years or less (exemptions depending).
- The Program begins with a Firmwide induction with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness, technical training and team-building activities. Summer Analysts also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities.
- Are you comfortable with both people and numbers? We want to hear from you. We are looking for people with good leadership and communication skills as well as advanced technical and quantitative capabilities to join our team.
- You are a penultimate-year undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator.
- You have advanced technical, quantitative and project management skills.
- You are able to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- You are client-service oriented.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Calculating the daily profit and loss (P&L) tallies of traders.
- Writing market commentaries for management reports.
- Conducting re-engineering projects to review and enhance processes.
- Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk.
- Preparing monthly financial and management reports.
Nov 26, 2023