2024 Fund Services Summer Analyst Program - Glasgow
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be an undergraduate student with impressive academic achievements, possessing strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exceptional communication abilities and a team player mentality. Attention to detail, multitasking skills, and a client-service orientation are also crucial.
- The candidate will be responsible for calculating the NAV for hedge funds, processing financial transactions, reconciling fund assets, preparing financial statements, managing investor accounting and reporting, providing analysis to clients, and managing trade matching and treasury services.
Fund Services Centralized Accounting Team/Financial Reporting:
- The Fund Accountant will be responsible for the end-to-end process with respect to their client’s accounting and reporting requirements. Accounting includes overseeing the full P&L and Balance Sheet and daily Net Asset Value reporting, and the reporting includes working with financial reporting team to prepare interim and annual financial statements for Hedge Fund clients and their auditors. In addition to this, the successful applicant will develop knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds including knowledge of the products, strategies, hedge fund accounting, fee structures (e.g., incentive and management fees) and investor level accounting.
- The Portfolio Analytics group focuses on providing analysis to Hedge Fund clientele on performance attribution, portfolio risk, and other portfolio related analysis. The role involves supporting and enhancing proprietary systems, whether that be calculating the return of a security or knowledge of advanced quantitative models and finding solutions for any day-to-day issues/asks from clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in equity markets and analytical skills, including knowledge of basic financial statistics and will learn how these are utilized in practice by hedge funds.
The Summer Analyst Programme:
- The Programme is a paid, full time summer internship, that provides interns with a thorough overview of our industry, and the challenges and opportunities one can expect from a Morgan Stanley career, in addition to serving as a pipeline into our Full Time Fund Services Analyst Programme.
- Training begins with a Firmwide induction along with peers from other divisions of the Firm. This is followed by a series of sessions delivered by Talent Management. In addition to the initial training, Summer Analysts will also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities.
- You are an undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator.
- You are able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- You are client-service oriented.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Computation of monthly “Net Asset Value” (NAV) for hedge funds.
- Daily processing and accounting of all fund security and financial transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of fund’s assets with custodians, prime brokers, and counterparties.
- Preparation of draft year-end Financial Statements.
- Investor/Shareholder accounting and reporting, including multiple series and side-pocket accounting.
- Daily trade matching services and treasury management services (cash, margins) for hedge funds.
- Providing hedge fund clients with analysis surrounding portfolio returns, performance attribution, exposure/position reporting and quantitative risk models.
Nov 26, 2023