2024 Investment Management Industrial Placement Program - Emerging Markets - London
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a 12-month availability, be pursuing a Bachelor's degree, possess excellent academic records, demonstrate interest in emerging markets and economic policy, possess strong analytical and numerical skills, have programming knowledge, proficiency in MS Office, attention to detail, organization and deadline orientation, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and collaboration skills. Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- The candidate will gather and evaluate macroeconomic data, prepare news summaries, participate in research meetings, analyze data and communicate findings, and assist with research projects for the Investment Management Industrial Placement Program in London.
- The 12-month Industrial Placement Internship Program is aimed at undergraduates who are completing a four-year degree with a year out in industry as a requirement for their degree. The one-year internship, which is based in London and begins in June 2024, offers you the opportunity to learn about a variety of areas, while providing a clear understanding of how Investment Management operates as a whole. Interns are treated as full-time members of the team and work alongside experienced professionals at all levels.
- All new Industrial Placement Interns participate in an orientation program covering the Firm's businesses, the transition from an academic setting to a corporate environment and the chance to establish a network throughout the Firm globally. Interns then attend divisional training where they learn the core skills required to be successful on the job. The curriculum focuses on the Investment Management Emerging Markets business and the various processes and systems required to be successful in the role. In addition, all Interns learn and network with peers, mentors and managers through group projects and other organised events.
- You are able to take a placement for a period of 12 months
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date between December 2025 and June 2026 after the placement
- Excellent record of academic achievement, with transcript as a proof
- A keen interest in emerging markets, politics and economic policy
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge and operating self-sufficiency in programming language(s) such as Python or R
- Strong MS Office skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
- Attentive to detail, well organized, and deadline oriented
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and collaborative
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Gather, maintain, evaluate, and distribute macroeconomic data from disparate sources for use in the investment research process.
- Prepare daily news summaries for Portfolio Managers by monitoring various news sources for specific countries and regions
- Partake in research and due diligence conference calls and meetings.
- Interpret data, create visualizations, and communicate valuable information to the team.
- Assist the Director of Country Research and his team by completing ad hoc tasks and in-depth research projects