2024 Quantitative Firm Risk Management Summer Analyst Programme - London
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- Undergraduate in penultimate year studying a quantitative major, with intellectual curiosity in risk management and ability to analyze and synthesize data using Python, and familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- The candidate will work on projects, provide insights, and develop creative solutions in model risk management or risk analytics, independently overseeing model risk and calculating risks associated with financial positions and operations.
- The Firm Risk Management Division at Morgan Stanley seeks to identify, measure, monitor and control risks, and independently assess the effectiveness and consistency of risk management processes carried out by Risk Owners and across divisional risk stripes.
- This is a 10-week Summer Internship beginning in June 2024 for penultimate year students. As part of the internship, you will gain in-depth exposure to a specific Quantitative Risk Management Stripe such as Risk Analytics or Model Risk Management.
- The internship begins with a Firmwide induction with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering overviews of connecting divisions, product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness and technical training, as well as a team-building and networking activities.
- You will then have a 3-day comprehensive hands-on introduction to Risk Management. In role, interns will receive considerable on-the-job training and opportunities to take on meaningful and challenging projects with real day-to-day impact. In addition to the formal experience, interns will be paired with a buddy, engage in speaker series and work-shadowing opportunities
- You are an undergraduate student in your penultimate year of study and are on track to graduate in 2025 with at least a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent
- You are studying a degree with a quantitative major such as Maths / Physics / Statistics / Econometrics / Engineering / Computer Science or a MORSE programme
- You are intellectually curious about risk management, financial products, markets, and regulations
- Show an ability to analyse and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports
- Familiarity with Python
- Additional knowledge of SQL is beneficial but not essential
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong attention to detail and ability to provide information in usable formats
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- You will be placed in one of the below Risk stripes and will work on projects, provide insights, and develop creative solutions that impact the department and Firm.
- Model Risk Management (“MRM”) is responsible for the Firm’s model risk management framework and independently oversees model risk. As mandated by the Global Model Risk Management Policy, MRM establishes standards for the identification, development, validation, and use of models, independently validates and certifies the Firm’s models, and reports and monitors model risk in adherence to the Firm’s risk appetite
- Risk Analytics (“RA”) develops credit risk analytics, market risk analytics, platform delivery risk analytics, and scenario analytics models providing quantitative analysis on the Firm's risk exposures. By developing mathematical and statistical models with risk overlays, Risk Analytics calculates the risks associated with specified sets of financial positions and day-to-day operations
Nov 26, 2023