Advisory Summer Internship
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be working towards an undergraduate business degree in Finance or Accounting with a GPA of 3.5 or above, have completed their third year of the bachelor's program, be proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, possess excellent communication skills, be able to work on multiple projects, have professionalism and integrity, and showcase a positive attitude and client presence. Additionally, they must be authorized to work in the US and have investment banking experience. Local candidates are preferred.
- The Advisory Summer Intern will be responsible for assisting with client presentations, conducting research, creating marketing documents, analyzing intellectual property portfolios, and providing general administrative support. They will interact with high-level clients and management teams, update client databases, and participate in client interactions by phone and in person.
- We are seeking a motivated Advisory practice summer intern to work in our Chicago office. As an intern, you may be engaged in financial modeling, research, and report composition. We work in teams and expect every member of the team to contribute at all phases of the project, from the conceptual development of Ocean Tomo's, a part of J.S. Held's, strategy to routine data entry or research. You will be exposed to other practice groups such as Expert Opinion and Management Consulting. The internship will be at least partially remote.
- Ocean Tomo, a part of J.S. Held, offers an entrepreneurial environment where you will work at the intersection of financial theory and cutting-edge technology. We value creativity, curiosity, and problem solving. We require flexibility, dedication, and initiative. In return, we provide exceptional opportunities for skill development and professional growth
- Working towards an undergraduate business degree in Finance or Accounting with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Completed third year of bachelor's program or higher
- Advanced user of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and flexibility
- Great attitude and client presence
- Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Local candidates preferred (relocation package is unavailable)
- Investment banking experience through internships and/or coursework
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Draft PowerPoint client presentations and pitch books
- Perform technology, industry, and company-specific research
- Create and edit Executive Summaries, proposals and other marketing documents
- Interact with high level clients and management teams
- Assist with intellectual property landscape analysis
- Assist with in-depth analysis of IP portfolios
- Draft reports, letter or memoranda
- Update client database
- Client interaction by phone and in person
- General administrative/support duties
- Other Duties:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.