Aerothermal Engineering Internship (1 Year)
🚀 Placement Program
🤑 £18K - £22K
- Are you a passionate student interested in Aerothermal Engineering? Reaction Engines has an exciting new Internship opportunity within our Systems Architecture, Performance, and Aerothermal department.
Area of Responsibilities
- As the Aerothermal Engineer Intern, you will assist with project or technology development work on a wide variety of industries (please see our website for examples).
- Depending on the project this could be: Conducting computational fluid dynamic analysis, thermal design calculations, and liaising with all technical disciplines to arrive at a final design.
- Technology development could include assisting with development of numerical methods and software tools, or assisting in running experimental tests and recording results in reports.
- The successful candidate may also assist with improvement of departmental processes and knowledge capture, and create how-to guides and other documents that can be used by the engineering team.
- Maths and physics or computing at GSCE and A-level or other higher education
- Aerospace/ automotive/ design/ mechanical engineering or other engineering based higher education courses would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of MS Office, primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Passion for engineering and willingness to quickly learn new skills
- Technical skills in terms of coding, hobby electronics, practical experimentation, or other scientific and creative skills would be beneficial
- Driving licence or own transport beneficial but non essential
- Dynamic Hybrid Working (where your time is split between working from home and in the office)
- 9 day Fortnight work pattern (every other Friday off)
- 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 after 2 years' service)- pro rata based on work pattern
- Company Share Option Plan
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Subsidised childcare at Culham Nursery
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Family friendly policies
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employer matching pension up to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee recognition (STAR Awards)
- Annual Professional Membership
- Health and wellbeing discounts & wellbeing challenges via our EAP