Business Development - Student Executive - London
🚀 Placement Program
- As someone who’s opted for a placement within their degree course, you will be looking to explore a career within a broader commercial role such as business development and/or a sales related function. You will need to be studying a degree course within Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or similar subject areas since this will help you understand our solutions and the industry we operate in. We are looking for someone with good inter-personal skills that allows you to work with colleagues across Europe. This role offers a phenomenal opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in an exciting and varied enterprise environment for industry leading customers. You will need to use a variety of business software packages such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office.
- This is a 1 year fixed term full-time role, where you will be spending the 3rd year with us as part of your 4 year under-graduate course.
In return, we offer you the opportunity for Self-Development and an introduction to one of the biggest software companies in the world. You would be offered attendance on various commercial training courses and receive mentorship and guidance from expert senior level managers.
Area of Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- Reporting to the European Business Development Director, you will be working in a small team tasked with marketing and sales related tasks such our Start-up Program that works with new businesses. You will need to collaborate with our partner resellers and end-point customers to promote the scheme to drive customer success. You will need to supervise and handle our customer databases to ensure enquiries are assigned and accurately handled to ensure campaigns are successful. You will need to identify bottlenecks and intensify as required.
- It is encouraged that the candidate will acquire a broad understanding of our products and their application; have the confidence to express ideas as part of a creative business development team; have a genuine curiosity about design; have the ability to meet deadlines; to think creatively about solutions to sophisticated problems; and be constantly striving to improve the team’s results.
- An empathy with people and ability to engage with colleagues and customers across Europe
- Communication skills to simplify and present data in an understandable and concise way
- A passion for understanding customer needs and their behaviours
- A desire to learn more about the commercial aspects of a software business
- A curiosity about Software used for design and manufacturing of products
A knowledge of any of the following would be desirable:
- Design and Manufacturing processes within industry
- 3D CAD software such as Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Solid Edge