- Ardian’s PE Buyout team is offering an analyst internship opportunity in the London office to assist in the sourcing, analysis and execution of investments. Ardian’s Buyout team is one of the most active on the LBO market in Europe, currently investing across various sectors. The Ardian Buyout fund experiences a strong deal flow resulting in a steady investment pace and an actionable pipeline of new investment opportunities for 2023.
- The intern analyst will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, other investment teams and support functions. High-performing previous intern analysts have become permanent hires within the Ardian team.
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate in meetings with industry experts, management teams, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, company modelling, company valuation, research of comparables, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- The opportunity to steer the team’s overall investment thesis through writing a sector paper on an industry around which you have conviction
- This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity and knowledge of LBO modelling
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to be completed from a leading university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity fund
- M&A team of a leading investment bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm