Campus - Internship Programme - Undergraduate Business Development – 2024 (UK)
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this undergraduate business development internship programme at American Express must possess strong customer focus, project management skills, the ability to conceptualize and sell ideas, excellent communication and presentation skills, problem-solving abilities, and strategic thought leadership. They must also be currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme and be in their penultimate year of study with a graduation date of 2025.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of the business, prospecting for new customers, analyzing data for performance improvement, building relationships with partners, leading sales or marketing initiatives, measuring success with key performance indicators, providing marketing consultancy, and targeting and contacting clients.
Business Unit/Role Specific Information
- Business Development is critical for ensuring our organisation can grow. This comes from acquiring new customers whilst also growing our existing base. The Business Development team are responsible for a wide range of functions, from identifying and selling innovative ideas that make our customers’ lives easier, providing analytical support to drive business strategy, and crafting our long term vision for how we will meet our customer needs – both today and in the future. As a company that has a passion for service and the ability to adapt with the changing times, these functions are essential to our continued success.
- As part of this team, you’ll be working on an exciting project aligned to the company’s strategic, operational and financial goals. You will have the opportunity to drive and lead a challenging project and contribute to our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme and in penultimate year of study with a graduation date of 2025.
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- What type of work can you expect to do in Business Development at American Express? :
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
- Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
- Develop relationships with varied internal and external partners
- Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
- Share and utilise best practices, providing marketing consultancy to team
- A sample Business Development project could include using data and competitive information to build a market assessment, identifying a target market for sales activities and then contacting those clients
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities