Campus - Internship Programme - Undergraduate Finance – 2024 (UK)
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have strong business acumen, analytical and coding skills, presentation skills, and the ability to build relationships. They must be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program with a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent, and graduate in 2025.
- The candidate will join American Express' Finance team, working on high-profile projects to identify areas of value, consult the business, and make more profitable decisions. They will gain hands-on experience, learn about the company's culture, and network across regions and functions. #FinanceInternship
- Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous problem solvers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s collaborating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
- Business acumen – ability to see the bigger picture, bring external knowledge in discussions and collaborate to influence senior leadership
- Analytical skills – ability to generate hypothesis, manage large dataset do draw conclusions and share actionable insights to the business
- Coding skills - Eagerness to learn /code in SQL to drive analyses leveraging our big data environments – other programming languages such as Phyton welcomed
- Presentation skills – explain the story behind data to all audiences and clearly prepare slides independently
- Soft skills - Ability to build trustworthy relationships across teams and networking effectively
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in full-time Bachelor’s degree program, with a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
- Students must graduate in 2025.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Business Unit/Role Specific Information:
- Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our world-class global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and craft the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects – structure complex problems to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
- Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will work on a challenging project, with an opportunity to learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities