Data Insight Summer Intern - Newcastle (Gosforth), August 2023
- As a trainee, all of our roles will provide a professional qualification specific to the business area you will be working in. As an external-facing data analytics team operating in an accountancy practice, many of our projects are funded by finance directors and involve working with financial data. We pride ourselves not only on our technical capabilities but on our ability to reconcile information to the accounts and present data in a meaningful and relevant way. Hence we require our staff to have both excellent accountancy knowledge and technical knowledge. The combination of these skills is both rare and sought after and this role provides the opportunity to create a very strong CV comprised of a strong blend of technical and business skills. Data is everywhere. In a world where data is generated at an ever-increasing rate, clarity and insight seems to be in ever shorter supply and understanding is ever more elusive. Our Data Insights team focus on helping their clients uncover actionable insight from their data. The team provide the technical expertise and capacity to clients that may not have the time nor resources to do in-house to get the most out of their data
Area of Responsibilities
- Improving decision-making: Providing insights into businesses by identifying trends, patterns and high-risk issues that help inform decision-making.
- Identifying efficiencies and process improvements: Developing data visualisations to enable improvements and support the reduction in the costs of business process.
- Automation of Accounting Processes: Automation of management information, assisting with budgeting models and other FPA activities.
- Training to utilise data to improve profits, efficiency, and strategy.
- Providing training for non-technical clients to enable them to work more effectively with data and to get more value from their business data.
When you join our Data Analytics team you’ll get the opportunity to work on:
- Dashboards & BI – Creating interactive MI and BI Dashboards for easy monitoring and automated reporting.
- Targeted Data Analysis – Answering client questions using available data and identifying trends and patterns in a range of difference areas from staffing patterns, crime and environmental stats, financials analysis and more.
- Automation – Automating processes that require a lot of manual manipulation of data to increase efficiency.
- Training – Deliver training and upskilling of staff in analytics and various analytical tools such as Excel, Power BI and Python.
- Forecast modelling – building bespoke excel models for modelling financial forecasts.
- To get the job that you’ll love you will have:
- You will need the right to work in the UK for a minimum of 5 years from your start date.
- On track to achieve or have already achieved a minimum 2:1 in your undergraduate degree in a STEM-related subject or finance-related subject.
- Preferably some previous exposure to data analytics-related software such as power bi, python, R, advanced excel, VBA or similar. For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what make us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voices to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who wants to be more than just a team member, but who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals.
2:1 or higher