Digital Technology Intern (Available June 2024) - Los Angeles
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a current student pursuing a bachelor's degree in IT or computer science, with deep technical capability, good analytical skills, and experience in ServiceNow or a similar IT Service Management system. They should also have experience in a professional services organization, be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, and have familiarity with MS Teams, O365, and software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc. A minimum GPA of 3.0, collaborative and consultative nature, excellent communication skills, self-starter mentality, critical thinking abilities, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are also required.
- The Digital Technology Intern will serve as the first point of contact for staff, addressing and resolving various technology-related issues and needs. They will configure and support computer equipment, resolve hardware and software problems, and assist with office technology installations. Additionally, the intern will document procedures, adhere to ITIL/Service Management policies, and contribute to building an inclusive team environment.
Applications are closed
- At Arup we’re dedicated to sustainable development and to do socially useful work that has meaning. Our purpose, shared values and collaborative approach has set us apart for over 75 years, guiding how we shape a better world.
- We solve the world's most complex problems and deliver what seems impossible, with curiosity and creativity. We’re a thriving and growing organization which offers you many possibilities to shape a better world, and your future.
- We’re looking for current students who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we’d like to hear from you.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or a related field.
- Deep technical capability and a desire to learn, you should have a proven track record of developing your technical knowledge and applying new skills in a high paced environment
- Good analytical skills, with ability to solve complex problems and openness in sharing your knowledge and thinking with others
- Experience of ServiceNow or similar IT Service Management systems
- Some experience working in a professional services organization
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Familiarity with MS Teams and O365
- Familiarity with software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Personal Qualities:
- Collaborative, consultative and effective in a consensus-based decision-making culture
- High energy, motivated, open-minded, and willing to embrace innovation and new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization
- Self-starter who takes initiative to work and develop holistic solutions
- Continually exercises critical thought and judgment to determine the most appropriate action
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives from various organizational offices and levels
- Good attention to detail
Area of Responsibilities
- Acting as client liaison for all Digital Technology-related requests from staff, being first line of engagement to understand and address issues and needs around desktop (Windows, O365 etc.) and infrastructure (compute, storage, network, cloud services, enterprise systems, cybersecurity, etc.), engaging and escalating to other Digital Technology teams as needed
- Providing valuable services to the business, working together with the leadership team to drive technology and help transform business activities
- Configuring, deploying, maintaining, solve and supporting workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecoms equipment
- Solving complex problems associated with hardware (PCs, Macs, mobile, etc.), software, and services (video conferencing, remote access, etc.) determining the source of problems and classifying their level, priority and nature. When appropriate, advancing or routing them to the appropriate team
- Helping with a range of office-based technology needs – installations, moves, changes, etc. that involve staff requirements and infrastructure needs, working collaboratively with other DT service teams
- Responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to an agreed service level
- Documenting procedures, standards, configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions
- Following ITIL/Service Management policies and procedures
- Helping the software asset management team to maintain applications (license management and version control)
- Helping with communications and training around technical change
- Playing an active part in our team: helping to build an inclusive environment, sharing your knowledge and promoting best technology practices with colleagues