Downhole Systems – Energy Harvesting Intern – 6 -12 Months Internship – Starting Summer 2023
🚀 Summer Internship
- You will be part of the multi-disciplinary Downhole Systems team developing technologies for geothermal and oil and gas well construction.
- Your role will be to work with research scientists and engineers to adapt energy harvesting technologies to power instrumentation for downhole sensing and measurement in drilling and well logging tools. The project will involve identification of appropriate technologies and adapting them for the proposed applications.
- Candidates should be detail oriented, enjoy new challenges and have good communication skills.
Area of Responsibilities
- Identification and selection of technologies
- Planning and carrying out experimental work, ensuring that laboratories activities are keep within Health & Safety standards guidelines
- Analysing and interpreting experimental results
- Participating in regular meeting to discuss project progress
- Writing technical reports and presenting to peers
- Instrumentation and electronics
- Project planning
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
Exposure to any of the following would be a plus:
- Programming Languages (e.g.: Matlab, Python)
- Microprocessor firmware
- 3D CAD design
- Studying towards a Bachelors or Masters in a physical science or engineering field