Electronics Engineer (12 Months) - MedTech
🚀 Placement Program
- Successful applicants will join the multi-disciplinary medical development team, jumping into technical challenges while learning from and supporting senior engineers across the division. The types of projects we work on range from tiny wirelessly powered medical implants to giant standalone diagnostic equipment, and everything in between. Interns will likely gain exposure to a wide range of applications and types of projects. You might work on analogue circuits, digital systems, FPGAs, antennas, signal processing, or other diverse fields.
Area of Responsibilities
- Design and implement your own printed circuit boards using ECAD tools such as Altium
- Build experience with using and automating precision test and measurement equipment
- Contribute to innovation in workshops and technical reviews
- Analyse experimental data and develop conclusions to influence key outcomes
- Learn soldering techniques for modern-sized components
- Be part of your own technical project in an area you are passionate about
- Learn from the experts and passionate people around you!
- Designing and supporting electronics for multi-disciplinary projects, working within a team of engineers at all stages of development.
- Simulating, designing, and testing circuits
- Writing technical documents, for example, technical analyses, test plans and reports
- Presenting technical work to other team members as well as non-technical audiences.
- Managing your time between different project commitments according to deadlines and agreed on priorities.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and a drive to understand the bigger picture
- Hands-on experience with electronics lab equipment and soldering tools
- Understanding of electronics fundamentals
- Exposure to software development
- Good academic record and studying for a degree within a relevant subject (such as electronics, electrical, software, physics or computer science) with the ability to take an industrial placement year
- Interns gain invaluable hands-on experience by working alongside our staff on real projects. It’s also a chance to show us what you can do – internships can sometimes lead to the offer of a full-time job once you’ve completed your studies, therefore we invite applications from people who may be interested in applying for a full time job with us after their degree.
- Some of our excellent benefits include a good salary (pro-rata), free canteen - lunches and refreshments, flexible working hours, and access to the social committee.