Economics - Intern - Economic Decision Science, Economic Decision Science
- Are you excited about applying economic models and methods using large data sets to solve real world business problems? Then join the Economic Decision Science (EDS) team. EDS is an economic science team based in the EU Stores business. The teams goal is to optimize and automate business decision making in the EU business and beyond.
- An internship at Amazon is an opportunity to work with leading economic researchers on influencing needle-moving business decisions using incomparable datasets and tools. We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, and responsible individuals who are eager to learn how to work with large and complicated data sets. Knowledge of econometrics, as well as basic familiarity with Stata, R, or Python is necessary. Experience with SQL would be a plus.
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- As an Economics Intern, you will be working in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary team of researchers who are pioneers in the field. You will take on complex problems, and work on solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research, or utilize your own out-of-the-box pragmatic thinking. In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, you may even need to deliver these to production in customer facing products.
- Roughly 85% of interns from previous cohorts have converted to full time economics employment at Amazon.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Economics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related field (enrolled in 3rd year or more and not currently on the job market)
- Practical experience of machine learning
- Strong programming skills in Python (or R)
- Experience using SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a cloud computing environment, especially AWS
- Experience working with version control systems, especially Git
- Strong research track record