Energy Analyst Intern (12 Months)
🚀 Placement Program
- Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career.
Area of Responsibilities
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including the wider EPS team, to acquire and analyse gas and electricity consumption data
- Manage client invoice data collection and analyses to measure the performance of Siemens’ energy risk programmes
- Engage with European energy suppliers to gather market insights and customer data (where authorised) to forecast and measure the impact on short-term energy budgets
- Support in developing an excel based model to efficiently provide accurate long-term energy forecasts and price trends for customers
- Provide input into the solution design and development of EPS projects by applying expertise on markets, policy and regulations etc.
- Ensures continuous watch and overview of European market trends, energy price drivers, changes in legislation/regulations, shifts in technology and political landscapes etc.
- Ideally completed or studying towards a 2:2 or above in Economics, Research, Science or related degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and particularly in Excel is desired
- Has a basic understanding of the UK energy market
- Excellent analytical skills including experience with large amounts of data
- You think logically, eager to learn, , and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, and proactively take ownership of challenges
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
2:2 or higher