🚀 Placement Program
- Cundall’s Lighting Design Team deliver award-winning innovative design solutions which have over recent years been described as game changers in a number of sectors within the industry.
- The lighting designers support all of the Cundall office projects globally, in addition to working on independent lighting design commissions. With a progressively increasing workload there is a need for additional skills within the team.
Area of Responsibilities
- This is an excellent opportunity for an Industrial Placement student to spend 12 months as a Lighting Designer to join the team in either our Manchester or Birmingham office.
- Cundall's Lighting Design approach is to challenge the perception of what is good quality lighting design, and we use every project to advance our clients and the public’s understanding of light and its many benefits. You will be expected to push the boundaries both creatively and technically to deliver outstanding and award-winning lighting designs.
- Our projects are across a variety of sectors including workplace, retail, public realm, historic and lighting art installations.
- This role will suit a creative, proactive, and highly skilled person with attention to detail to take an approved concept which includes producing photorealistic renders, through design development and documentation to achieve an exceptional outcome.
- As a medium-sized, but truly international consultancy, we are big enough to be able to provide a wide range of challenging projects for our staff, but still at a size where our early career talent can be treated as individuals and given real responsibility at an early stage.
- You will be on track to achieve an accredited degree level in lighting design and have a keen ability and understanding of interior design and architecture and possess creative flair and an enthusiasm for a career in design.
- Understands Lighting effects and control and has the ability to complete hand sketches, lighting details, photorealistic renders and lighting calculations as required in concept and development phases.
- Given the collaborative and client-focused nature of this role, you need to have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and be a confident and credible relationship builder