Facilities Management Intern (Available June 2024) - New York
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a current student pursuing an Associate degree in psychology, sociology, business administration, architecture, or similar related field. They should possess skills in strategic thinking, organizational, communication, and empathy, and should be proficient in using Microsoft Office. It is preferred that they are enrolled in or have completed an accredited Facilities Management program or similar with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher. Eligibility to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsored work authorization is also required.
- The Facilities Management Intern at Arup in New York will research and develop initiatives to enhance efficiency in facilities management, strategize sustainability efforts, analyze operational data, create SOPs, and assist with various projects.
- At Arup we’re dedicated to sustainable development and to do socially useful work that has meaning. Our purpose, shared values and collaborative approach has set us apart for over 75 years, guiding how we shape a better world.
- We solve the world's most complex problems and deliver what seems impossible, with curiosity and creativity. We’re a thriving and growing organization which offers you many possibilities to shape a better world, and your future.
- We’re looking for current students who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we’d like to hear from you.
- Currently pursuing an Associate degree in psychology, sociology, business administration, architecture, or similar related field
- Required Skills: Strategic Thinking, Organizational, Communication, Empathy
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- Enrolled in or completed an accredited Facilities Management program or similar at an approved institution
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- Research, define and develop initiatives, programs, best practices, protocols, etc. to enhance the efficiency of the Facilities Management model.
- Define strategic initiatives to further develop, refine, and improve sustainability in the workplace
- Define, socialize, and implement regional Facilities scorecard
- Analyze available operational data and identify areas of opportunity
- Create, document, and publish SOP’s and best practices
- Assist with ad hoc Facilities projects
- Other tasks as assigned