Finance Analyst Intern
- A new role has arisen in the Financial Analysis Intern (FP&A) team reporting into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis. Finance is a key function in the development of Jaja. We are responsible for providing critical information and insight to the business, delivering a funding structure to support Jaja’s growth, producing financial accounts and daily operational processes to enable critical business activities.
- This role will have responsibilities across several areas of activity including developing and maintaining business-unit level reporting. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of our digital lending business with opportunities to develop your analytical, accounting and modelling skill sets.
- There will also be opportunities to develop professional skills and learn about areas of our business that are of interest to you. Although we are primarily operating remotely there will be opportunities to use our office space and company gatherings to get to know people.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Developing and implementing sustainable and best-in-class concepts related to planning and forecasting.
- Supporting the creation of financial plans (short-, medium-, and long-term) by aligning P/L, balance sheet and cash flows as well as expense streams from our various business units
- Supporting with annual budgets and ensure periodic tracking of actuals to optimize allocation of financial resources.
- Supporting with internal controlling, enhance analytics capabilities, and support group-wide reporting of KPIs and analysis to management.
- Continuously challenging the status quo, identify gaps, risks and opportunities for the business and provide data-supported advice to respective stakeholders.
- Collaborating with our cash management function to ensure timely understanding of the use of our financial resources.
- When required you will be asked to support the finance department in company-wide projects, i.e., audits.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in finance with a particular focus on accounting, controlling and reporting
- Good understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow Statement
- Understanding of business drivers and operational KPIs
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting processes
- A track record of fast development and learning
- Comfortable working remotely
- Interest in technology and innovation
- Additional Analysis or Data tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Snowflake or Other)
- Analysis or accounting degree