Grid Services Markets Analyst Intern - Cardiff
⌛ 15d left
Apply by Jun 9
A six-month internship working as part of the grid services team. You will scrutinise data published by NGESO and others to ascertain opportunities for Statkraft investments and developments in Grid Ancillary System Services. You will:
- Be guided by the Commercial Lead, Electrical Engineers, head of Greener Grid Parks
- Develop the tools to examine the data and interrogate and understand market opportunities
- Model markets, requirements, prices trends in appropriate software/ spreadsheets
Area of Responsibilities
- Further develop Statkraft’s understanding of costs of system operation which reached over £4billion in 2022.
- Identify high-cost actions and their locations (where locational).
- Identify opportunities for new Greener Grid Parks or adding additional services to developed or planned Statkraft assets.
- Grow Statkraft share of system operation revenues.
- Help to deliver zero fossil operation of power systems in GB.
- Potential UK travel
- Ideal candidate is recently graduated, or about to graduate, with a MSc in Engineering, Maths, Data/Computing, Business or similar.
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- English language fluency and the right to work in the UK is essential