Grid Stability Analyst Intern - Cardiff
⌛ 15d left
Apply by Jun 9
A six month internship working as part of the grid development team. You will examine data from Statkraft’s GB stability projects demonstrating improved grid stability and system strength. You will:
- Collect site data from high-speed data collection SCADA systems
- Gather public domain data from NGESO on system fault (frequency data)
- Extract and model frequency, power, voltage, current and waveform data from site measurements.
- Reconfigure site monitoring equipment to capture important data signals and reduce noise.
Area of Responsibilities
- Develop Statkraft’s understanding of the value of our assets.
- Create news stories on our role is stabilising the grid during grid faults.
- Communicate information internally within Statkraft.
- Provide data for non-UK Statkraft projects in stability
- Help to deliver zero fossil operation of power systems globally.
- Potential UK travel
- Ideal candidate is recently graduated, or about to graduate, with a MSc in Engineering, Maths, Data / Computing or similar
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- English language fluency and the right to work in the UK is essential