Health Economics Internship
- This position is ideal for recent graduates with a degree in an economic, mathematical or computer science discipline seeking to gain an insight into life at a fast-growing consultancy serving clients from the pharmaceutical industry.
Area of Responsibilities
- You will get the opportunity to join a growing Health Economics team and gain hands-on experience in designing, developing and communicating health economic models. These can range from simple costing tools to substantially more complicated models that aim to demonstrate the value of products and therapies to reimbursement agencies.
- Health Economics Interns at Costello Medical receive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role and learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
This internship is suited to recent graduates as well as current students who are permitted to complete full time internships either during the holidays or as a placement as a part of their degree.
Qualities and experience required include:
- An undergraduate degree level qualification in an economic, mathematical or computer science discipline (minimum 2.1 or equivalent). Postgraduate qualifications (minimum 2.1 or equivalent) would be an advantage, but they are not a requirement for the role
- A close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to communicate mathematical and economic material clearly in both written and oral form
- A problem-solving mindset and eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions
In addition, advanced skills in Excel and/or R would be an advantage, but are not a necessity. Although no previous health economics experience is required, you must be able to display a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of health economic modelling.
2:1 or higher
- The stipend for interns is £1,950 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday. We are proud of our position in The Best Companies Top 100 Companies to Work for list which has been achieved for five consecutive years, awarded because of the friendly and supportive environment that we generate for our colleagues and the opportunities offered for quick progression and increased responsibility. We provide exceptional internal training, opportunities to work on pro bono and charitable projects, and regular company-funded social activities.