Highways Design Engineer Industrial Placement Southampton 2023
🚀 Placement Program
- Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
- Balfour Beatty is also aleading member of the 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- A 1-year work experience programme
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to explore your career options
- If you complete your year successfully you could be fast tracked onto the graduate scheme
Area of Responsibilities
- Develop project plans and schedules that meet specifications and requirements defined by the client.
- Lead the development and delivery of projects made up of several work packages, coordinate the activities of a number of engineers and other staff of projects.
- Ensure that all designs and engineering work is carried out in compliance with industry, customer and business standards, conventions and quality/safety requirements and legislation
- Develop new solutions, and build/extend a catalogue of standard solutions to design and construction problems and challenges.
- Ensure that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety and environmental requirements and policy
- Manage cost associated with projects and works such that budgets and budgeted cost for work are fully met.
- Be studying for a BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering - expecting to achieve a 2:2 or above
- Interest in design
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence at the time of joining
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to travel as part of the programme)
2:2 or higher