Human Resources Intern (Available June 2024) - Los Angeles
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Human Resources Intern position at Arup in Los Angeles must be a current student pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Business, HR, or a related field. They should have exceptional organization skills, demonstrate intellectual curiosity and agility, possess strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, and be accountable for accuracy and timeliness in their work. Additionally, they should have a high level of integrity, a strong service orientation, excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in MS Suite, and be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer-sponsored work authorization.
- The Human Resources intern at Arup in Los Angeles will assist with onboarding new hires, updating staff records, providing guidance on policies and programs, creating presentations, supporting employee engagement initiatives, and contributing to team meetings.
- At Arup we’re dedicated to sustainable development and to do socially useful work that has meaning. Our purpose, shared values and collaborative approach has set us apart for over 75 years, guiding how we shape a better world.
- We solve the world's most complex problems and deliver what seems impossible, with curiosity and creativity. We’re a thriving and growing organization which offers you many possibilities to shape a better world, and your future.
- We’re looking for current students who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we’d like to hear from you.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in Business, HR (Human Resources) or related field preferred
- Can prioritize effectively and have exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, creativity, and agility
- Has strong interpersonal and collaboration skills crucial for team-based working
- Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of work within the department
- Solid attention to detail in composing and proofing documents, prioritizing and achieving desired outcomes promptly
- High level of integrity to handle confidential information and situations
- Strong service orientation with a proven desire to go above and beyond
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability and confidence to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Area of Responsibilities
People, HR & Administration
- Partner with team to manage new hire setup and onboarding requirements
- Assist People Coordinators with the production of key employment documents including updating and maintenance of staff records, legal compliance for online staff files, and data processing
- Provide general guidance to staff around people, policies, and programs
- Assist with creating presentations for internal staff meetings
- Contribute to team meetings, capture meeting minutes and actions
- Provide friendly support and advice for staff on simple policy and procedure questions
- Support broader People initiatives around employee engagement, equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), performance management and retention