Industrial Placement Acoustics Consultant - Manchester
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be part-way through a relevant degree, have a genuine interest in acoustic engineering, strong numeracy and communication skills, enjoy utilizing technology, and have a UK driving license.
- The candidate will be responsible for performing noise calculations and modelling, attending meetings and conducting site surveys and testing. They will manage their workload, communicate with team members, and develop reports and specifications.
- Our Acoustics team prides itself on bettering communities and businesses across England, with a real passion for regenerating the built environment, and for helping villages, towns and cities thrive.
- Join us in September for a year placement in between your university studies. You will primarily work within acoustic engineering, which offers a broad range of projects across the environmental and build environment sectors. From surfing lakes to homes, schools, hospitals, music festivals, and motorsport events there are many interesting projects at Hydrock you will actively be involved in.
- This means within a single working day you will find yourself completing a number of varied design tasks - modelling, liaising with architects, planners, environmental health and other engineers to contribute to an integrated “joined-up” design process.
- Be part-way through a relevant degree
- Genuine interest in a career in acoustic engineering
- A keen attitude to learning and enthusiasm to achieve in the workplace and in your studies
- Strong numeracy skills
- Confident communication skills both written and verbal
- Enjoy utilising technology
- UK Driving licence
Area of Responsibilities
- Preparation of simple calculations and noise modelling to support design development
- Arrange and attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- Devising methodologies and attending site noise surveying and acoustic testing.
- Managing your own workload to meet project and study deadlines
- Liaising with internal and external team members, developing relationships and people skills
- Gaining experience in the preparation of reports, drawings and specifications
Oct 31, 2023
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)