Industrial Placement Civil and Structural Engineer - Manchester
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a part-way completed relevant degree and demonstrate humanity, self-motivation, enthusiasm, excellent communication and written skills, and a desire to learn from industry experts.
- The Industrial Placement Civil and Structural Engineer at Hydrock in Manchester will be responsible for project work, including design, specification, and drawing, providing advice to clients, engaging in STEM activities, managing workload and deadlines, and liaising with stakeholders.
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Engineer to join our Civil & Structural Engineering team in our contact Manchester office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work, receiving support from our Chartered Engineers.
- We are looking for students from an Engineering background with a passion for the building design, and the desire to work alongside and learn in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction for the UK and overseas.
- Hydrock offers an engaging and diverse project portfolio. You would have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts on projects such as: new schools in the area such as Lyde Green, refurbishing the “Royal Marine Water Hospital”, into a hotel, and local Bristol projects in Wapping Wharf!
- Part-way completed a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- Humanity, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A desire to learn from industry experts
Area of Responsibilities
- Project work at concept and scheme design, modelling detailed design, specification and drawing
- Preparation of reports, providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
- Undertaking STEM engagement activities
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, developing relationships and people skills
- Managing your workload to meet project deadlines
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions
Oct 31, 2023
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)