Industrial Placement Electrical Engineer - Manchester
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate for the Industrial Placement Electrical Engineer position in Manchester should be part-way through a relevant degree, have an interest in electrical systems, be driven and hardworking, possess strong IT competencies, problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate will be responsible for using software for electrical design, coordinating with other disciplines, conducting lighting and cable calculations, following regulations and standards, participating in meetings, and attending site visits.
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Electrical Engineer to join our MEP team in our Manchester office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work, receiving support from our Chartered Engineers.
- We are looking for students from an Electrical Engineering background to join an award winning MEP team delivering sustainable projects for our community, planet and society.
- As a team which specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services, we offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers.
- Be part-way through a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- An interest in electrical systems contained within buildings and a basic understanding of single phase and three phase theory is desirable
- To be driven, hardworking, productive and determined
- To be willing and eager to learn new skills
- To possess strong IT competencies, an ability to problem solve, and find solutions to the challenges new software packages bring
- To have excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
Area of Responsibilities
- Using Revit and 3D BIM modelling software in design production
- Design coordination with other professional disciplines
- Lighting calculations using Dialux/Relux
- Cable calculations and distribution board schedules using Amtech
- Utilising regulations, standards and guidance documents to produce electrical system designs
- Participating in design team and client meetings
- Attending site visits
Oct 31, 2023
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)