Industrial Placement Geo Consultant - Birmingham
🚀 Placement Program
⌛ 28d left
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be part-way through a relevant degree and have a desire to learn from experienced geotechnical and geo-environmental talent. They should be eager to learn about soil logging and have a strong interest in using AutoCAD. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team are also important, as well as being self-motivated, enthusiastic, and positive.
- The candidate will work as part of a team to provide geo-environmental consultancy support to clients, including conducting desk studies and ground investigations, assessing risks, and preparing reports for remediation projects. They will be involved in fieldwork and office-based reporting.
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate student to join our Geo-Environmental team in our Southampton office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work and where you will find support from a wealth of geotechnical and geo-environmental talent.
- Geo is one of our core disciplines at Hydrock. It is where we came from (both the CEO and MD have a ‘Geo background’) and it accounts for around 30% of our business today.
- Be part-way through a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- A desire to learn from experienced geotechnical and geo-environmental talent
- An eagerness to learn about soil logging
- A strong interest in learning how to use AutoCAD
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to work as part of a team self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity, can-do – see our values!
Area of Responsibilities
- Working as part of an experienced team to design and deliver geo-environmental consultancy support to a range of clients including property developers, agents, planners, commercial and residential developers
- Assisting in the design and management of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical assignments including desk studies, ground investigations (factual and interpretative), human health, groundwater and gas risk assessments and preparation of Remediation Method Statements
- Involvement with both site-based fieldwork as well as office-based reporting
Oct 31, 2023
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)