Industrial Placement Nuclear Consultant - Bristol
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate for the Industrial Placement Nuclear Consultant position in Bristol must have a science or engineering degree, a willingness to learn from a talented team, an interest in nuclear energy, and a strong motivation for a consulting career in the sector. They should also be open to working across various disciplines and supporting business management activities.
- The candidate will provide technical support across various disciplines for nuclear projects, including data assessment, documentation review, technical report authoring, and client engagement, as well as supporting business development activities.
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate to join our Nuclear team in our Bristol office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to a dynamic work environment and gain invaluable industry insight.
- Our Nuclear Division has been providing high-end strategic and advisory consultancy support to the nuclear industry since 2005, working with operators and regulators across the new build, existing generation, decommissioning and defence markets.
- Progressed part-way through a relevant degree in a science or engineering subject
- An eagerness to work alongside and learn from a highly qualified and talented Nuclear team
- An active interest in energy supply/infrastructure, with a good appreciation for the changing nuclear landscape with respect to new build, generation, decommissioning and defence.
- High motivation for a career in consulting / advisory services in the nuclear sector.
- An aspiration to work across a diverse range of technical disciplines, as well as supporting ongoing business management activities.
Area of Responsibilities
- Provision of technical support to more senior team members in the delivery of projects, across a range of disciplines (including safety assurance, organisational capability, radioactive waste management, environmental assessment, secretariat support) for nuclear clients;
- Supporting on the delivery of specific technical work tasks, including data assessment, documentation review/update, technical report authoring, technical recording at workshops;
- Supporting senior team members in client engagement and business development interactions, as well as support to the development of bid submissions for new work.
Oct 31, 2023
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)