• Starts Jul 9
Insight Placement Black Heritage Talent - Tax and Law Insight Edinburgh TBC 2023
🚀 Spring Week
- Our Tax experts are doing more than just advising individuals and businesses, they make a meaningful difference to society, by helping to solve some of the biggest challenges facing our country. The scale and breadth of tax implications is so wide-reaching, and at the same time, new regulations mean that this landscape is becoming increasingly complex. Our tax specialists work alongside clients to help them understand the intricacies of tax across the globe – from energy sector companies, to online food businesses, banks and high-net worth individuals. They support clients in complying with relevant regulations so they can operate responsibly, sustainably and ethically.
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- It’s the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about our business and develop your professional skills.
- During your Insight experience, you’ll have the chance to meet people from our Tax teams who make KPMG an inspiring place to work and explore our variety of career opportunities available. Over three days you'll network with our colleagues, learn more about what we do and the meaningful difference we make to businesses and the communities we serve.
- This programme is aimed primarily at students of Black heritage seeking an insight into a career in Tax. By Black heritage, we mean students who might identify as Black, African, Caribbean, Black British or Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups: White and Black Caribbean, White and Black African.
- This programme is open to students who are in their final year of university, as well as those who have graduated already. Whilst on the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to take an assessment, and if successful, you could secure a position on one of our 2023 Tax graduate programmes.
- You’ll generally be expected to demonstrate the following (*or equivalents). However, if you do not meet all the below, and are a few grades or points short, then we would still encourage you to apply, as you will be given the option to provide additional information that enables us to assess your application and potential in the context of your socio-economic background and/or any extenuating circumstances.
- Grade 5 or B GCSE* Maths
- Grade 5 or B GCSE* English Language
- 120 UCAS points* from your ‘top’ 3 grades, excluding General Studies under the 2017 tariff point system at A Level (300 UCAS points pre-2017)
- 2:1 (or on track to achieve a 2:1) degree in any discipline.
- Our Tax Black Heritage Talent Programme is open to students who are due to graduate in 2023, as well as those who have graduated already. Those in their final year of university (or those who have graduated already) who join the programme and pass our Virtual Launch Pad assessment day will be made a Graduate offer to commence in Autumn 2023.
- Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
- To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
2:1 or higher