Intern, Applications Engineering
pSemi, A Murata Company
- pSemi is an innovator and industry leader in charge-pump, capacitor divider ICs and point-of-load DCDC power conversion. The Power Products Intern will assist engineers in designing, developing, and characterizing pSemi’s product development efforts for high efficiency, power management conversion products targeting mobile and networking/datacenter applications. The candidate will support products throughout the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life.
- The position represents a unique opportunity for the candidate to work closely with an extremely innovative and dynamic team. The candidate has an excellent chance to learn from IC designers and customer applications while contributing real value to the group. The position is based in Theale, Reading, UK and would be expected to be a 1 year placement, preferably beginning in May/June 2023.
Area of Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- The candidate would be expected to become familiar and obtain detailed knowledge of pSemi Charge Pump technology and IC products
- Design Validation and Product Road-test: Performing lab measurements and create validation report with comparisons vs design expectations
- Test and Measurement: Hands on use of Power measurement equipment to validate performance of Power ICs
- Product Characterization: Measure, analyze and document data of adherence to product requirements Derivative Product Design: Assist engineers with the simulation and layout of derivative product designs in Cadence
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Strong interest and background in Power Electronics – with hands-on lab experience
- Responsive, self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand direction and work well as part of a team
- Candidate should have completed 2nd or 3rd year EE undergraduate or preparing for Master’s study