- The Intern, Impact Assessment and Foresights (IAF) is responsible for supporting ongoing team’s work on thematic impact assessments of EBRD operations, management of thematic assessment and evaluation system, and liaison with other departments within the Bank on matters related to impact assessments and learning from experience, including Evaluation Department (EvD) and Office of the Chief Economist (OCE), among others.
Area of Responsibilities
- Support preparation of multiple, thematic impact assessments of EBRD operations as well as impact-related background papers. This includes data collection, review and manipulation, communicating with key internal stakeholders and data/information providers, collecting supplementary data from external sources, contributing to quantitative and qualitative analysis, and written inputs;
- Support preparation of the unit’s work programme, tracking progress and updating work program related documents for impact assessments and foresights in the EBRD;
- Support Management liaison with the Evaluation Department (EvD) with a focus on timeliness and process compliance per the Operations Manual; help follow-up with various internal stakeholders and communicating with key managers when required; contribute to finalising the action plans for various EvD special studies and preparing action plan update documents.
- Provide ad hoc support and conduct other tasks as requested by IAF members.
- Degree or student in economics, data science, business administration or related field;
- Strong analytical and synthesizing skills with the ability to interpret transition impact/microeconomic related information;
- Strong quantitative skills, a strong knowledge of statistical and geospatial software and tools (e.g. Stata, R, Python) and managing large datasets is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to plan and work with limited supervision;
- Experience in supporting external publications and/or using visualisation/business intelligence platforms would be an asset.