Internal Audit Assistant Placement - Manchester - August 2023
🚀 Placement Program
- Join our internal audit team on a 12-month paid placement as part of your sandwich degree course and discover what it’s really like to work in business. Gain hands-on experience, build a network of contacts and get advice from our expert mentors.
- At RSM, you’ll discover a culture that nurtures individuality and an environment where everyone is supported to reach their potential. If you perform well, you could be given the opportunity to join one of our Graduate training programmes that will help you kick-start your business career. With us, you’ll always be moving forward.
What does our internal audit team do?
- Today’s organisations face many strategic, financial and operational risks that can stop them from achieving their goals. We take a deep, objective look at a business to decide whether it has the right systems and control processes in place to manage potential threats.
- A career in internal audit gives you front-row seats to how organisations operate. We visit clients throughout the year to carry out fieldwork: we look at their existing controls and test their strategies. We then write an audit report to document our findings and provide the client with management actions to address any improvement areas that we have identified.
- We help clients across the public and private sectors, so you could be working with local and central government, NHS Trusts and educational organisations, as well as charities, banks and other corporate organisations. Our varied client list will give you a great foundation to build your business knowledge.
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- At RSM, you’ll be a key team member from day one. Our placement programme allows you to experience working in the internal audit team alongside current trainees and experienced members of the firm. This hands-on early experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career. You’ll also benefit from on-the-job training from more senior members of the team and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role.
- Most days, you will travel straight from home to your clients, which can be up to 1 hour 30 minutes away, with the option, depending on the needs of the business and our clients, when not working at client sites to work in your nearest RSM office or from home as appropriate.
- Internal auditors spend a lot of time working independently so we’re on the lookout for enthusiastic self-starters who are quick to learn and always up for a challenge. That said, you’ll always be fully supported during the audits – you’ll have a dedicated line manager and core team to learn from and be supported by. You’ll be working on a wide variety of projects, so it’s important that you’re adaptable and highly organised. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels, often explaining complex information both in meetings and in written reports.
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important.
You will need:
- 96 UCAS points across 3 A Levels or an equivalent level 3 qualification, or 104 UCAS points across 4 Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers or Irish Leaving Certificate (Higher Level);
- A predicted honours degree.
- For all roles outside of Central London, we require successful candidates to have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle by the time they come to the end of their 6-month settling-in period with RSM. For London roles access to a car is desirable but not essential.
Please note, RSM does not accept General Studies, AS levels or the Extended Project Qualifications (EPQ).