⌛ 6d left
Apply by May 31
- A placement opportunity for students to work within the Ricardo Energy and Environment team for up to 12 weeks and explore a range of consultancy tasks.
- We are currently looking for a limited number of interns for Autumn 2023. We are seeking a student who is undertaking a science, engineering or environmental degree. This role will provide the perfect first step into a consultancy career in the exciting and rapidly evolving field of environmental regulation.
- As an intern, you will support the delivery of research, data analysis, stakeholder engagement and report writing, managing your time across several projects. You will be part of a global team, supporting senior colleagues in delivering a portfolio of high-profile projects to clients. Specific tasks are likely to include reviewing literature, gathering and analysing data, contributing to reports and presentations that are delivered to clients, and to proposals for new projects. The role will primarily focus on air quality, climate change and emissions inventories, with opportunities to collaborate with other areas such as ecology and agriculture. This involves understanding policies and technologies to control emissions of air pollutants arising from a wide range of sectors, as well as pollutant emissions to water and land from industry and large-scale agriculture. We assess the impacts of these pollutants on the environment, human health and economy. There may also be potential to support on other environmental topics.
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- Support senior staff with data analysis, literature reviews and fieldwork as needed.
- Manage your time related to the tasks you are asked to complete.
- Work closely with your colleagues to understand your tasks and how they interrelate to overall programmes of work.
- Be a team player.
- Bachelor's Degree (at least second-class degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or related field).
- Appetite for working as part of a team and individually.
- Effective report writing and numerical skills.
- Strong computer literacy - especially in MS Excel and Word.
- A strong interest in environment and sustainability topics.
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are desirable.
- Master's degree (can be ongoing) in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, or related field.
- GIS skills.
- Second language.
- Excellent team working.
- Strong communication skills and a close attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and able to act quickly and flexibly across projects.
- Good IT skills with commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email.