Internship, Architecture & Design, Infrastructure Development (Summer 2024)
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a student pursuing a degree in Architecture, with proficiency in various design software, good communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple design projects efficiently.
- The intern will support the architecture and design team at Tesla by assisting in the design development process, coordinating stakeholder needs, updating prototypes, and reviewing construction documents and shop drawings.
- This position is expected to start around May/June 2024 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August/September) or into Fall 2024 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time and on-site, for most internships.
- International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week on-site. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
- The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success.
- Tesla has an outstanding regional opportunity for an Architecture intern to join our dynamic Infrastructure Development team. The intern will support the design team in various tasks listed below. We’re seeking self-motivated professionals with experience working in AutoCAD & Revit to drive projects.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Architecture, or equivalent
- Previous internship and project experience is a plus but not required
- Experience working in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and 3D Sketchup is required
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and through drawings/sketches
- Ability to understand and communicate work letters to consultant scope
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Demonstrate the agility required to quickly shift focus between tasks to deliver on multiple design projects
Area of Responsibilities
- Support the team with the execution of the design development process – from test fit, concept design, management of survey and due diligence with external consultants
- Support coordination of all technical and business needs required from stakeholders and transform them into a concept drawing based on site-specific conditions
- Support prototype team with prototype updates and block development as needed
- Support review construction documents and shop drawings
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans. Both have an option with a $0 payroll contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company Paid Basic Life, AD&D, and short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick time after 90 days of employment and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program