Internship - Open Access Journals
- A unique opportunity is available to join our publishing team to support the growth of open-access content within our journals programme.
- This will involve providing dedicated administrative support for the publishing team, and conducting market research to support open access growth of content aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The successful candidate would gain valuable insight into the full end-to-end publishing process, including initial journal scoping and launch, through to author acquisition, editor recruitment, marketing and production.
Area of Responsibilities
Media & Journalism
- Carry out competitor analysis and market mapping and presenting findings to commissioning team
- Work with Strategic Marketing team to develop value messaging and marketing
- Work with Author Marketing team on launch plan and submissions campaign
- Request ScholarOne sites
- Identify researchers and institutions to target for author and editorships
- Attend meetings with external editor teams
- 12 Weeks fixed term
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- A desire to learn about publishing processes and the wider industry