Investment Data Analyst (Summer Internship)
Balyasny Asset Management L.P.
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate should be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Research, with strong programming skills in SQL, Python, and Pandas. Experience in data mining and cleaning in a group setting is necessary, along with a problem-solving mindset and strong communication skills. Prior data internship experience and familiarity with cloud data technologies are desirable.
- The Investment Data Analyst Summer Intern will collaborate with investment staff, analyze data, and use statistical tools to identify trends and patterns, providing custom solutions to management while also improving data integration and efficiency through creative applications of LLMs and automations.
- Balyasny Asset Management is looking for an exceptional data analyst Summer Associate to join the BAM New York and/or London Office for Summer 2024. The candidate will take ownership of critical datasets used by portfolio managers and the rest of the investment staff. This includes mastering the entire data pipeline from working with the vendor to helping users access data how and where they want. If you have a passion for collaborative problem solving and want to work at the nexus of technology, data, and investment analysis, you will excel in this role.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research
- Strong Programming Skills; SQL, Python, and Pandas experience necessary
- Experience mining and cleaning data sets in group/ team setting
- Problem solving mindset, resourceful
- Strong communication skills, ability to tailor to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Hardworking, passionate, driven
- Prior Data internship experience is a plus
- Experience with cloud data technologies (Airflow, AWS, Snowflake) useful but not required
Area of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with investment staff to support, educate, and assist with the integration of data in the investment process
- Explore creative applications of LLMs and automations to improve the efficiency of how we support users.
- Monitor automated data ingestion pipelines for quality control
- Analyze data using standard statistical tools and techniques
- Pinpoint trends, correlations, and patterns in complicated datasets to provide custom solutions to management