- Equans has an ambition to be data-driven with no non-automated reporting and we are on a transformation journey to radically improve access to data and information that puts the data is needed in the hands of those who can make decisions and take actions.
- We are looking for an individual to join the team and help manage day-to-day interactions with data consumers throughout the business. You’ll be working with a friendly Equans IT team as well as key business representatives to design, deploy and maintain business intelligence solutions that are simple to use and easy to understand.
- We embrace a flexible working environment that offers on-going development and career opportunity. We are looking for passion, an individual who wants to keep learning and wants to be at the forefront of their profession.
Area of Responsibilities
- Act as first line review of incoming work to help route most effectively to other members of the team
- Monitor the performance of existing data processing tasks and help resolve / refer issues as they are discovered ensuring that all data services are running to the required availability and latency metrics.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop new reporting requirements. Identify where requirements require new data fields or sources to be ingested (And work with data engineers to deliver the change) and then modify visualizations to include changes
- Document existing infrastructure to show BI and data that is available to improve visibility
- Manage user access to reports to enforce security controls
- You will be recognised as an expert in the data held by Equans, understanding how data captured in processes makes its way through the data lake and into end-user reporting.
- Developing competence (and then mastery) of the core tools used in the data landscape
- Data Visualization using Power BI, Business Objects or other visualisation tool
- Experience with SQL, data modelling, data warehousing, metadata management or building ETL pipelines
- Able to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders and peers
- Experience turning data requirements into data models is desirable
- Experience working with AWS data technologies (S3, Redshift, Glue, Lambda) is desirable
- Any AWS qualification
- Degree in Mathematics, Science, Computing or similar advantageous
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
- Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
- Access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Persons Network) and our Disability Network
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app