IT Support Analyst Industrial Placement
UK Research and Innovation
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree course, have the right to live and work in the UK, possess a proactive problem-solving approach, work effectively with minimal direction, have a good understanding of common technologies and software packages, excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills, and submit a cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
- As an IT Support Analyst Industrial Placement at UK Research and Innovation, your day-to-day responsibilities will include delivering excellent customer service, resolving incidents and requests, documenting actions, creating customer-facing tools and documentation, thinking creatively to find solutions, setting up team tools, collaborating with other professionals, and gaining hands-on experience in enterprise environments.
- The ideal candidate will need to be very comfortable using a computer and helping others with their computer and software. Specific training in tools required to do the role will be provided as necessary. You will have a proactive attitude to problem solving with a detailed and logical approach. You will be able to learn quickly, with the ability to work independently and within a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Currently enrolled on an undergraduate degree course
- Are required or have requested to take an industrial placement year
- Able to commence employment in summer 2024
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement
- A proactive approach to finding solutions, including the ability to ask appropriate questions to get sufficient information, and the ability to analyse evidence and data
- The ability to work effectively with minimal direction, prioritising tasks, and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail
- A good understanding of common technologies used in a desktop user environment
- A good understanding of common software packages, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal calmly, positively, and professionally in all situations
- The willingness to learn new skills, both technical and non-technical
- Part of our application process involves submitting your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address your suitability for the opportunity based on how you meet each essential criteria stated in this advert.
Area of Responsibilities
- Delivering excellent customer service to our customers in person, by phone and email.
- Gathering, analysing and using information from multiple sources to resolve incidents and deal promptly with requests.
- Documenting and logging all contacts and actions into the Service Desk ticketing system and providing progress updates to customers regarding their issues
- Following customer issues through to completion to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction have been achieved
- Creating and maintaining excellent customer-facing tools and documentation to provide a platform that allows customers to help themselves
- Creating and maintaining internal process documentation that follows industry-standard best practices and helps provide a consistent service to all customers
- Being prepared to think outside the box and find novel solutions to issues
- Setting up the tools needed by the team to deliver and monitor its service
- Working closely with other service desks and other IT professionals across STFC
- This placement will give you the opportunity to put into practice things you have experienced at university and give you brand-new skills and exposure to enterprise environments perhaps not learned at university.
Oct 29, 2023