London - 2023 Long Term Internship - Financial Markets Compliance
- This 9-11 month role will sit within the team of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to enable the candidate to gain maximum exposure to the workings of the Financial Markets Compliance Team and the Businesses we cover. The COO Office provides support to the Global Head of Financial Markets Compliance to ensure a smooth and efficient running of the team. The team members are based in London and Paris sitting on the trading floors directly supporting the Business.
- This internship will give you the opportunity to work on live projects with real responsibility allowing you to gain exposure to a dynamic, fast-growing Business (Global Markets and ALMT - Asset & Liability Management Treasury) and to different aspects of the Compliance Advisory role.
- The COO Office is transversal in nature, from both a business and geographical perspective, so it has a view on all the different activities of the team allowing the right candidate to gain exposure to a wide variety of topics. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the relevant Advisory teams in London, Paris and globally, other Compliance teams and a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Working closely with the COO and Business Managers to ensure the Global Head of Financial Markets Compliance is well briefed on key risks and issues across the Financial Markets Compliance Team. Assist with the development and implementation of strategic objectives for the team and ensure that these are aligned with the Business strategy and that of Compliance Management.
- Prepare, maintain and collate information for periodic team reporting packs and for any other ad-hoc reporting for the team collectively
- Collect, review and challenge content provided by the team for management reporting
- Drive agendas and content for team meetings
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
Communication and Coordination:
- Co-ordinate with other Compliance Teams to facilitate a smooth flow of information
- Align initiatives for maximum efficiency between the Financial Markets Team and other Compliance stakeholders covering topics such as: policies & procedures; training; Compliance reviews; controls; and regulatory change
- Establish and maintain communication tools and data repositories such as SharePoint, shared drives, mailboxes and email distribution lists
- Identify opportunities and construct solutions for improving efficiency in the way the team works
- Build and maintain internal stakeholder relationships as appropriate
- Develop network globally
- Encourage teamwork
The role requires high levels of the following competencies/skills:
- Sound judgement and ability to deal with high pressure situations
- Strong collaborative approach and teamwork
- Proactively identify needs and help to identify and design solutions
- Strong Communication skills and ability to manage conflict
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise appropriately
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and SharePoint proficiency