Market Analyst (Specialised Products) One-year Undergraduate Placement
🚀 Placement Program
- We have an exciting opportunity for a numerate undergraduate to join the Specialised Products Analysis team in London this summer, for 12-14 months. This will afford the opportunity to work in a world leading team analysing shipping and commodities markets, as well as gain exposure to the commercial side of the world’s shipping industry. You will be working in a team of six people, with four in London and two in Singapore. The role will also place a heavy emphasis on data management and assisting the desk head in implementing the group’s ‘broking tools’ initiative throughout the department globally which will require excellent communication and relationship building as well adopting a strategic mindset.
Area of Responsibilities
- Maintaining key databases and presentation slide packs that underpin the work of the Market Analysis team.
- Supporting senior team members in preparing presentations that are delivered to key clients.
- Providing general assistance to the Market Analysis team and brokers with a variety of ad-hoc analytical requests.
- Possibility to interact with a wide range of internal and external clients.
- Possibility of working on the maintenance and development of various models and new products relating to international trade and the demand for shipping.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
We invite applications from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Drive and self-motivation, with the desire and commitment to succeed, deliver excellence and make positive change;
- Relationship building, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport;
- Collaboration, able to work well with others across diverse backgrounds to share information, develop skills, and deliver results;
- Resilience with the ability to persist and adapt;
- Smart problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a curious and inquisitive mind, and an openness to new ideas;
- Professional integrity and a respect for company values.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Strong IT skills, proficient in using MS excel and powerpoint
- Have a very strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills, being fluent in written and spoken English
- Organised, able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work, and able to use initiative
- Adaptable to changing priorities, and comfortable with working outside of comfort zone