Marketing Specialist - Intern
🚀 Placement Program
- This role is a 12-month internship staring in July 2023 finishing July 2024 Based at our offices in Granta Park, Cambridge. Our program focuses on meaningful project work, professional and personal development, in addition to providing networking opportunities.
- As the Marketing Specialist Intern, you will be responsible for various projects within our commercial marketing department, as well as supporting our wider Europe Sales teams in region.
- You will have a keen interest in marketing and/or sales and studying within a BSc program experience and knowledge in the life science field will be an advantage. You will be keen to learn, hardworking and adaptable. A keen interest and skill for data will be required in this position.
Area of Responsibilities
- Responsible for the reporting & qualification of marketing generated leads.
- Support prospecting efforts to find new business.
- Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining lead data into our customer relationship management database.
- Work closely with Marketing Programs and Lead Generation Specialist and build effective customer journey to fill the funnel with high quality leads
- Take ownership on key initiatives that support funnel management in the region and across regions
- Currently studying within a BSc program in marketing and/ or commercial, experience and knowledge in the life science field will be an advantage.
- Advanced excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Comfortable with CRM tools (Salesforce.com) and other business software solutions
- Outstanding listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse data, draw conclusions from this data and communicate key messages clearly and succinctly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.