Mechanical Design Engineering Internship (1 Year)
🚀 Placement Program
🤑 £18K - £22K
- Are you a passionate student interested in Mechanical Design?
- Reaction Engines has an exciting new Internship opportunity within our Design to Manufacture department.
Area of Responsibilities
- As the Mechanical Design Engineer Intern, you will assist with project work on a wide variety of industries (please see our website for examples).
- Depending on the project this could be: Creating CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings, liaising with all technical disciplines to arrive at the final design.
- Project work could include assisting with prototype builds and trials, and recording results in reports.
- The successful candidate will also assist with the maintenance and creation of parts for the company CAD library, and create how-to guides and other documents that can be used by the design engineering team.
- Maths and physics or DT at GSCE and A-level or other higher education
- Aerospace/ automotive/ design/ mechanical engineering or other engineering based higher education courses would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of MS Office, primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Passion for engineering and willingness to quickly learn new skills
- Practical abilities in terms of bicycle/vehicle mechanics, model-making or other creative skills
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design Software is beneficial
- Driving licence or own transport beneficial but non essential
- Dynamic Hybrid Working (where your time is split between working from home and in the office)
- 9 day Fortnight work pattern (every other Friday off)
- 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 after 2 years' service)- pro rata based on work pattern
- Company Share Option Plan
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Subsidised childcare at Culham Nursery
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Family friendly policies
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employer matching pension up to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee recognition (STAR Awards)
- Annual Professional Membership
- Health and wellbeing discounts & wellbeing challenges via our EAP